Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Lot of Catching Up To Do

Crazy summer days make for a little time to update the blog... not including a baby with colic, a toddler who is in the exploring stage (absolutely my favorite so far), a husband who has actually had time to spend with the family, and a nasty computer virus.


McKinley wanting her picture taken too, this is right after she got out of bed

Its so hard to believe that summer is already coming to a close. I don't know what I am going to do when it gets to cold to take McKinley outside. Her and our neighbor Braiden play so well together and they enjoy spending time out in the sun, while Tiffany and I enjoy the break from being stuck indoors. McKinley is in the exploring stage right now and she is into everything trying to figure out how it works and how many different ways you can use it. Who knew that you could use a kitchen spoon as a shovel? And that dirt is its own food group? She is sure a lot of fun right now!

Tater bug Smiling :)

Tate, who is already 6 weeks old, has colic, acid reflex and at the moment, thrush. The people at the pharmacy know me on a first name basis. I am hoping that we soon will get over all this so he can start to enjoy life and so can I. He loves taking baths and smiles (when he's not crying) he started 'cooing' back to me about 3 days ago. Its funny how those little things make all the bad go away, even at 3 am. I am slowly starting to figure out what makes him happy and try to stick with those things, it makes life a heck of a lot easier. After his first two weeks of doing nothing but cry when he was awake, my friend introduced me to this wrap. Its easy to figure out how to use and was an answer to my prayers. I am able to get things done around the house, run errands easier, and spend more time with McKinley. Everyone in the house seems to be a lot happier since the purchase of it. They are a little pricey (what baby item isn't) but totally worth every penny. I use mine everyday!


I couldn't resist starting to sing Thriller when I saw him sleeping like this, and had to capture the moment!

Bret has had almost 2 weeks off from school now and he has enjoyed spending time watching the Olympics. We both stay up WAY too late watching them while the kids are sleeping. I will be pretty sad when they are over. But I think its mostly cause it means Bret is back to school.
I have kept myself busy busy with two kids that are constantly wanting my attention, trying to keep the house clean, and spending what little time Bret has had off from school with him. I have found that feeding Tate goes by a lot faster when I read. I finished the Twilight series (was a little ok a lot disappointed with the 4th book) And am now starting to read The Host. After that I need to find a new series to start reading to keep myself entertained. So if any one has any suggestions on books. PLEASE let me know.
I am sorry that I haven't taken more pictures than these.. I will try to do better!

5 comments:

Harold said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doney Days said...

Alicen! I totally know you how you feel. Both of my boys had acid reflux, exzema, ear infections, thrush, cradle cap; pretty much anything they tell you that babies can get (nothing too bad), they had it! It's so frusterating. I'm so sorry that you're dealing with it. All I can say is, hang in there. At least you're trying to find the positive in all of this!

P.S. The deleted comment was mine. I was accidently logged into my dad's account when I posted it. I figured you'd probably be like "who the crap is Harold?" So I reposted it under my account!

Nicole said...

Alicen, you should read "The Great and Terrible series". There are five books so far in the series, but they are pretty short and easy to read because you won't want to put them down, check my blog for more details about the books...they are incredible!!! Your kids are too cute for words, little McKinley is turning into a little girl...she's doesn't even look like a baby anymore!!!

Joanne said...

your kids are so cute! I love Tate's thriller pic, I have a similar one of Canon. I have read all of the twilight books too, though I think my favorite is the fourth. I also liked the host. One series of books I liked was the Uglies, Pretties, Specials and Extras. they teenager books, but I liked them.

Christy said...

What kind of books do you like? I have lots of suggestions!