Thursday, February 11, 2010

McKinley's First Day of School!

I can hardly believe that McKinley is going to school. Most parents usually have preschool before real school. But because of McKinley's speech therapy which she had graduated from (the Speech Therapist that comes to our home) She is now in actual public school Tuesday and Thursday mornings. We met her teacher on Tuesday and she invited McKinley to start today. She handed me a packet with all sorts of papers to fill out and a calendar with what the class has planned for the rest of the month. I was a bit overwhelmed and had a hard time believing that this was happening so soon.
I was excited to take her picture on our front porch with her backpack on. (which she absolutely LOVES) But mother nature had different plans and snowed on us so we took the picture inside. Here she is ready for her first day!!




Over all she seemed to enjoy it. For her first day they passed out Valentines and it was also spring picture day. I enjoyed some one on one time with Tait too. Tait on the other hand cried when we left without McKinley and now all they have done is fought since she's been home.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

She is darling, Alicen. Your children are just adorable. Nuts that you have one in school! I hope you get some free time!

Whitney said...

Wow! Are you sure that you are old enough to have a kid in school? Crazy!

Kateka said...

Good heck! I can't believe you have a kid in SCHOOL. That just rocked my mind.

paxtonfam said...

Looks like you're doing great! Way cute family!