Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Its a...

GIRL!!!

Josie Sue Kettenring is here! Born July 27, 2011 @ 3.21pm 7lb 11 oz and 20" long!

The morning of the 27th I called the hospital, they told me to come in and we ended up staying! We checked in at 1030am, they started some pitocin and 1130 and I was only at a 3 and 75% effaced. At 1215 I got the epidural and I was only at a 4 and still at 75%. I seriously thought that we were going to be there forever. But I had the epidural and I was going to get in a nap... or at least I thought. The nurse came in again at 145 and checked me again, this time I was at a 5 and 85% effaced. She begged me to have the baby by 3 so she could find out what we were having, I jokingly said "ok lets do it". Around 230 I was starting to feel my feet again, so I switched sides I was laying on and hit the "extra" button. The nurse came in at 245 and checked me, this time I was at a 7. She stayed for a while and said she would bring in the nurse that was going to take her place. They both came in around 305 and we talked for a minute, the new nurse stayed, we talked about our dogs and kids. She left and said I will be back in about an hour, unless you need me sooner. She left and I felt the baby move down... WOW! PAIN! Sudden unbelievable pain! I looked at Bret and said its time, he laughed until he saw that I was having a hard time breathing. I hit the nurse button and she came in right away. She checked me and immediately paged my dr.. twice to be exact and called the resident doctor in the hallway because she wasnt sure if my doc would make it down the one floor from her office to my room in time. They got the room set up, my doctor walked in, and I pushed 3 times, once for the head, and twice for her shoulders.
Bret and I were convienced we were having a boy and when she held her up we both looked at each other in shock that we had a girl! She had the cord wrapped around her neck and was definately the bluest of all my babies, but she was beautiful and absolutely perfect!


We absolutely love her! The kids are adjusting well and I am feeling fantastic. Although, I had forgotten what it was like to have a newborn at home. I think she is a perfect combo of both of my kids. What do you think?

Josie


Tait





McKinley


8 comments:

Kateka said...

She is GORGEOUS! Yes, she looks like a good mix of both of your kids. I am loving the layout of your kids as in...

In my family, the oldest sibling is a girl, then there is the boy, and then a girl, and another girl. Anyway, I was the 3rd child and have an older brother and sister just like Josie. Josie will be totally awesome just like me (and obviously just like you since you're her mom and everything :).

Kristie said...

Oh my goodness, Alicen, Josie is gorgeous!!!!! Congratulations. I adore her. My mom told me about the shower incident with Tait and McKinley being sibling helpers to Josie. :) Wow, you're amazing to do it all. I love you! Congratulations!

melynda said...

she is SO cute, congrats girl!! and i LOVE her name.

Whitney said...

Congratulations! She is so cute! I can't even imagine what it is like to have 3... I have a hard time keeping with only one!

paxtonfam said...

Congratulations, she is beautiful!

The Hiatt's said...

Beautiful babes

Jenae said...

Congrats!! She is BEAUTIFUL! I love her name!

Chelsea said...

Congratulations!!! She is really beautiful. I'm still waiting to see how your transition to three goes! Let me know :)