Thursday, December 3, 2009

Best Cornbread EVER!!

My mom's neighbor Kimberly has makes the most outstanding cornbread ever. Growing up I was never a cornbread fan, I don't know if it was just something I thought old people ate or what. But it wasn't until I tried this recipe that I feel in love with the pure delishiness of cornbread. We had it last night with chili and I thought I would share this great recipe so others can enjoy!




Kimberly's Cornbread


1 cup Flour
1 cup Cornmeal
1 cup sugar
1 TB baking powder
1/3 cup oil
1 cup milk
1 egg

Mix together and pour in 8 x 8 pan. Place in preheated oven (375 degrees) for 20-25 minutes.



Also, I wouldn't be me if I didn't say something about the BYU/Utah game last Saturday. It was a nail biter at the end... and I am SO, SO glad that BYU pulled it out! Surprisingly enough BYU is high enough in the BCS polls, #14 that depending on who wins and loses this week if they move up another 2 spots they could be BCS bowl eligiable (maybe far fetched, but I can still hope)... otherwise I am hoping for San Deigo rather than Vegas. GO COUGARS!!!!


4 comments:

Heather O said...

I have similar feelings about Vegas but at the same time the payout for Vegas is better and wouldn't it be sweet if it were against the likes of USC? Just thought, that is all. :)

WOO Cougars!!

Kristie said...

Growing up I didn't like cornbread either... and have thought I still didn't like it- so I should give it a try! Thanks for the recipe- looks delish!

Unknown said...

Cornbread is for old people! Just shows ya, your getting old!

Kateka said...

Have you always been a football fan? I need to learn about it. Teach me!