Friday, November 4, 2011

I Heart Food

Hi. My name is Alicen and I LOVE food. Any kind of food, any time of the day or night, you put in front of me and I will eat it.
As many of you already know, I have never been what "they" call thin. But my babies have done serious damage to this already not so perfect body. I swear I am the only person that gains weight AFTER they have babies. After I had Tait I topped the scale at a whopping 236.4lbs! After losing a lot of that I swore I would never go back. It took me 5 months to lose 43lbs. It took a lot of hard work, no cheating and a lot of dedication.
Well here I am again, not weighing that, but too close for comfort. I gave all my 'fat' close away and now I have nothing but sweats and pjs to wear because that is all that fits. So what I am going to be doing? Well to start, I joined weight watchers I have tried this before, but never with as much determination as I have now. I am going to do weight training at LEAST 3 days a week and cardio 5 days a week, even if it means going for a simple walk or bike ride with my family. And this time I SWEAR I am not ever going to see the 200's again!


Because I want my body that looks like this




to look like this!


7 comments:

The Hiatt's said...

Alicen, I KNOW how you feel. I gained 100 lbs when I was pregnant with Kelly. It takes so much time and effort to lose that weight. It took me about 9-10 months to lose the 100lbs I gained. Blah!

I wanted to suggest a diet plan I loved. It is based here in Utah. And it is amazing! You eat a TON. And it's creative ways to make YUMMY healthy food (pizza, pancakes, apple pie type breakfast thingy, smoothie type deal, etc..)

It's called Live the Life. I didn't do the work out plan (even though I should have).

Go to kristiapproved.com - I loved it. :)

Hope that helps! You can do it girl! I love food too. I wish I were one of those girls that stayed teeny no matter WHAT I ate or how MUCH I ate, right?

RPA Agent said...

You're not the only one to gain weight after having a baby! Me too! And it sucks. Too bad we don't live closer together so we could do the walking thing again. I really enjoyed that. - Kristin

Mayfield said...

I think we all wish to look like that, even before kids!!!!

Kateka said...

Good luck honey buns! You can do this!

Whitney said...

Good luck! I am about to start a "competition" with my sister to lose our extra baby weight before we go to Hawaii together in April.
I love food too. Even with all of the running that I am doing, I am gaining weight.
Which means I eat WAY too much. Like - whoa.

emily barlocker scott said...

clothes are a great motivation for me! I cant afford to buy another wardrobe so I cant gain weight. Good Luck!!!!

Rachel said...

I swear this post could have been written by me!
In fact, I'm pretty sure I HAVE written this post at least twice on my blog!
I swear the things we do for our kids! My body, which was also not amazing to begin with, really takes a hit with each baby!
After Boston I weighed in at 225 and spent the next 7 months losing 60 pounds. Only to get pregnant again. I gained back the majority of that. And now am in the 200's even though I SWORE I'd never see that number on the scale again.
I'm back at weight watchers (it really does work) and am slowly seeing the weight come off. I'm glad it's not just me who struggles, and is working on this. I'm hoping to be ready to do a half marathon this next summer. I'm excited to follow along with you as you do this. Maybe you'll help keep me motivated.
Speaking of motivated, you should check out fit2fat2fit.com it's about a trainer who lives in Eagle Mountain who gained 80 pounds and now is trying to lose it. Very interesting.
Good luck! I'm rooting for you!