Monday, December 3, 2007

Let it Snow!

I was planning on taking pictures, but it didn't happen. I have never been more excited for snow in my life!
Friday night Bret and I went to see Enchanted (I LOVED it! I recommend it to everyone) As the rain was falling I was so sad, I thought that the news people had my hopes up again for lots of snow and that all we were going to get was rain. We got home fairly late (around 11) and it was still raining when we went to bed. Saturday morning when I woke up to McKinley singing to herself in her room, I thought I should check just to see if it did snow. I really was so nervous to open the blinds in fear that my hopes would be shattered at the mere fact that there was going to be no snow. I slowly opened the curtains and to my surprise there was about 4" of snow in my front yard. I started dancing and singing and jumping on the bed. Bret was not excited about my dancing, singing and jumping as I was though. I got McKinley out of bed, and we sang Christmas songs and danced around the front room with the Christmas tree lights on. It was almost like Christmas morning. I opened all the blinds and curtains in the house and watched in amazement as the snow fell almost all day. Luckily Bret was able to get his grandpa's snow blower working so we didn't have to shovel anything but the stairs for grandmas, us and the neighbors house. Even if we did end up shoveling, I dont think that I would have been too disappointed about doing it. I was SO excited about actually having snow, that I would have done the whole street if someone asked me to. They say that we are supposed to get snow again on Wednesday and on Saturday. I really hope that is the case!!!!
I sure love the SNOW!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Boo! Four inches?! I complain when we get 1 inch! I'm glad someone likes winter around here...

Christy said...

you need to update your blog...I miss your updates...I think I may be going through withdrawals!