Monday, March 3, 2008

The house of Sickness

Despite the fact that the month of February was absolutely crazy, it ended and brought with it a house of colds to the month of March.
McKinley had her 1 year shots a week and a half ago, and I thought her running nose was a side effect of the combination of all of them put together. It wasn't until Bret and I started walking around the house sniffling and sneezing that I realized that we all caught the 'cold' bug.
My brother and dad have had it this last week as well, only with a fever. Lucky for Bret and I we have not had that problem yet. Although mine is much worse then Bret's. I am coughing and my voice is all cracklely and I SO wish I could take some NyQuil to get rid of it. But I am living on Sudefed that really has little or no impact on me at all.
Then there is McKinley. She has had a fever with her cold, her poor nose is red from me constantly trying to keep it clean, she only wants to drink apple juice and eat fish's or cookies. (sometimes a banana or crazins I can sneak in there) She is wanting to be held all day and she is very sluggish and doesn't sleep very well. This is making for a very LONG week as a mom who stays home.
I so wish I could hire someone to come in and clean my house. Somewhere in my mind I believe that if the house was clean and all disinfected we would all get rid of this super fast. The problem is before McKinley, when I was sick, I would take a day off of work come home and clean my house from top to bottom and even though I didnt get rid of the illness right away, I somehow felt much better. With McKinley it is a whole different story. I wake up, and then end up holding her and wiping her nose all day. I have NO time to clean my house, she doesn't allow it. Which makes me feel even grosser than I already feel.
This isnt a very uplifting blog entry, but I guess it just fits right in with the way we have all been feeling at this house. BLAH!

5 comments:

Kateka said...

Hope you start feeling better soon!

Kateka said...

Also, if you need help cleaning, I wouldn't mind coming over. Just holla!

Christy said...

I wish I lived in Salt Lake...then I could come help, too. I'm jealous that you and Kateka live close enough to be able to do that!

melynda said...

i am sorry you are sick. i cant believe that mckinley is one, linc turns one next week and it makes me really sad, it goes by way too fast. congrats on the new little boy, you will love it they are SO fun. -melynda

Shaun and Tonya said...

I'm sorry you're under the weather --Poor thing Is there a erason like pregnancy for you not taking Nyquil --Am I the last to know?