Thursday, July 17, 2008

Slowed down? NOPE!

Well the last two weeks have been a little crazy. Today is the first day that I have actually been on my own without help since I had Tatum. I am actually enjoying 'my space' again and the house is quite. I know that not eveyday is going to be like this, so I am soaking it all in.
Last Friday was Bret's works summer party at Lagoon. I wasn't sure if I was going to go or not (I mean I did just have a baby) but decided that I didn't want to miss seeing McKinley go on her first rides at Lagoon. Since Tatum goes everywhere I go, we all went. I know I am crazy for taking my 6 day old son to Lagoon, but we all had a lot of fun. McKinley was SO funny on the boats and I took her on the new Sea Odyssey ride and she LOVED it. I don't know who enjoyed it more, her or me. Every time we got hit with water she would just start giggling... it sure was a lot of fun.

On Saturday we went to Danny and Katy's open house BBQ to celebrate their marriage. They had it in Katy's parents backyard and it was SO nice. I seriously think that every wedding reception/luncheon should be like this was, low key. I think that our family was one of the last to leave.

Its hard to believe that Tate is already almost 2 weeks old. Time has just flown by and before I know it he and McKinley will be playing together. I think I had forgotten how much work a newborn was. My body is finally starting to adjust back to the 'how to operate on NO sleep' mode, and getting used to feeding every two hours... man alive that is a killer. Here are some pictures that we have taken of him since we've been home. Look how much he has changed already... oh and he and McKinley look nothing alike!




McKinley and Tate the day they were born

Tate today 12days old

2 comments:

melynda said...

look how cute they both are, i love the one where they are both wrapped like burritos!! you are very brave to take him out, i was a crazy person and didnt really leave the house for like 3 months! i didnt even want strangers to look at my baby!

Whitney said...

I LOVE that you went out to Lagoon less than a week after having a baby! You look so good and Tatum is a GREAT name! I love him to be Tater (being from Idaho and loving po-taters). :)