Thursday, July 3, 2008

See you in a few hours

I went to the Dr again on Monday. She stripped my membranes again and said with as stretchy as my cervix was and as dilated as I was she thought that by stripping my membranes again that would do the trick. As she walked out the door never mentioning she was going to be on vacation next week or to set up another appointment "just in case" she said "well, go for a walk and I'll see you in a few hours". Many walks later I am beginning to wonder if her few hours is really days. Guess she again won't be delivering my baby. I am kinda disappointed that she won't be. Well unless of course I go at least another week, which I guess is always possible.
I decided this morning that being pregnant really isn't all that bad, other than these few aspects...
  1. Not being able to bend over
  2. Not being able to sleep
  3. Desperately needing to pee every 2 minutes, only to realize it was only a dribble worth
  4. Not being able to chase McKinley anymore
  5. Not being able to change Kinney's diapers... wait maybe this is a good thing!
  6. Staring at the scale in horror as I see the numbers just get higher and higher
  7. My swollen feet and elephant ankles
  8. Not being able to wear my wedding ring and to have to listen to the old ladies in line at the store make comments about my being single with a very young toddler and pregnant AGAIN
  9. The heat!
  10. Heart burn, Heart burn, Heart burn
  11. Being kicked in the ribs, stomach and bladder
  12. Everyone calling to see if we've had the baby yet
  13. Everyone telling me that the reason I haven't had him is because we haven't picked out a name
  14. Unwanted advice about what I need to do to get him out, e.i. Sex, Walking, Curb walking, Castor oil, Spicy foods... the list goes on
  15. My uncontrollable and very unpredictable mood swings
  16. Phone calls about other girls that were due after me that have all had their babies
  17. the WORST thing is knowing that it is just around the corner, and that all these things will disappear when he is here, and yet not knowing when its going to come. Yet again maybe that is part of what makes it fun too.
Other than that, being pregnant really isn't all that bad. I actually handle being pregnant very well until about the last week. That is why I decided that Dr.'s should never tell you what your due date is. It should be an estimated month not an estimated day.
Anyway, chances are I will go into labor tomorrow and have a 4th of July baby, the one day I DID NOT want to have a baby.
Next post I promise there will be pictures of a new baby! If not, I don't know what I will do with myself!!!!

1 comment:

Heather O said...

Wow, sorry about all that. Especially the unwanted advice, not matter what the subject I hate it. Good luck and can't wait to see the little guy!