Thursday, July 10, 2008

So it finally happened!



This past weekend was quite eventful. Bret's family over the 4th of July always has a big get together, they have a BBQ on the 3rd with a movie outside then a sleepover with early morning golf and a day of water-slides, crafts and b-s-ing. The night of the 3rd Bret had school so we weren't able to go up for the BBQ. While Bret was at school my mom convinced me that I wanted to take McKinley to the Riverton Parade. It was SO incredibly hot!! I think that they should do parade's during the spring and fall that way you are not sweating to death while watching them. Anyway, we ended up sitting next to my cousins (totally by coincidence) and my mom's neighbors. McKinley was more into catching candy then my 6yr old sister. It was a crack up. The parade lasted almost a whole 2 hours and wasn't actually all that bad.



After the parade Bret came to pick McKinley and me up to go to Layton for the 4th. We got there really late and still watched the movie I don't think that we all went to bed until 1am, even McKinley. The next morning we got up at 6 to go golfing. I know, I know I am crazy being 39 weeks and 6 days pregnant and going golfing, but if it didn't induce labor, at least I had fun. Bret, Jayson and I were on a team and finished only 4+. I have to say that is not too bad considering we usually are in last place each year. This year we were in 2nd.


Bret and McKinley sleeping out under the stars...

Jayson and Bret while golfing

When we got back we ate breakfast, hung out, ate some more, did our craft and by that time it was almost 6. I told Bret that I wanted to get home to put my feet up (they were incredibly swollen), take a shower and get in a little nap before we went to watch fireworks later that night. But we all were having fun talking so we stayed a little longer, until I got up to go to the bathroom because I felt like I was starting to go without assistance (which actually happens quite often when you are preggers). I stood up went to the bathroom and seemed to be just fine. McKinley was playing with toys and I told her that we needed to pick them up so that we could get ready to go home. I bent over to help McKinley pick up her toys and that is when it happened, my water broke! I looked at Bret and told him it really was time to go and told him why, he went out side and told everyone what had just happened. We packed up our stuff, came home to get the stuff for the hospital stay, left McKinley with Danny and Katy and were on our way to the hospital.
On the way there I started to have an emotional break down. I didn't play with McKinley that much that day because she was playing with her cousins and I really did not want to have a 4th of July baby. We got to the hospital around 8 checked in, got a room, answered questions for the nurse, got out of my GROSS WET clothes and talked to the nurse about how fast my labor was with McKinley. I told her how bad I did not want a 4th baby and she then took her time to do everything. Which I was fine with because I wasn't having any contractions. The dr. came in and we talked for a little while and they then started my petocin around 11pm. 2 hours and 56 minutes, 3 pushes and a very happy mom (because it was the 5th of July) later we had our little boy. He was 6lbs 15oz and 20" long. He was quite small considering my belly was huge!



We took one look at him and knew that all the names that we did like just didn't fit. Around 11:30 that morning he finally had a name, Tatum aka 'little tater' Bret Kettenring.


We have now been home for 4 days and it seems unreal still. Last night was the first night that we actually got a decent amount of rest. I am well, Tate is well and McKinley is finally warming up to him. Although she has become quite a daddy's girl since having Tate home with us. We are so lucky to have such a cute healthy baby!

8 comments:

Doney Days said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I'm so glad he's finally here and that he was born on July 5th, for your sake! I totally know how you feel. There's just something about having a birthday on a holiday. It just kinda sucks! Glad you're home and doing well!

Heather O said...

Woohooo!!! I am so excited for you! He looks so cute and so tiny. Can't wait to see more pictures and I'm glad he came on the 5th! Take care!!

Nicole said...

Congrats!!! I have been wondering if anything happened yet, and I am glad to see that it did!!! He is adorable. You guys make cute kids:) Take care and let me know if you need anything!!!

Whitney said...

Hooray for a 5th of July baby! Congratulations! You have such a cute little family!

melynda said...

yeah for babies!! you looks SO good in all your pictures, he looks just like you, and i LOVE the name tate. and he will love to have fireworks for his birthday every year! linc is one st. patricks day and i love it! congrats.

Jenae said...

Hey girl!! I saw your blog off of Heathers!! I'm so so excited for you! What a cute family you have! Hope you're feeling well and getting some sleep. Congrats!!

Kateka said...

Congratulations! What a darling little boy. I love the name! I hope you are all doing well and are happy as can be!

Christy said...

Congrats! Two babies...that's crazy! Glad it all turned out okay.