Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Week of Cards

I know that I am serious need of an update on the blog. The weather has been so nice here its just hard to actually not be outside.

Bret has been crazy cute this week by leaving me a card everyday telling me thank you. Each day is filled with a new thing that he is grateful for me for. Its nice to wake up and see the card sitting on the computer waiting for me. I just hope it doesn't end tomorrow with my birthday.

McKinley is starting to talk more and it is long awaited from her parents. Yes I know that she will be talking for the rest of her life, but just being able to communicate the simple things like what she would like to eat, what hurts, etc. is nice. Brets mom often reminds me that LaDonna (her sister, who is fabulous) didn't talk until she was 3 and has never stopped since. HA! McKinley know sees animals and can say the sound they make, I almost wonder if that is what she thinks they are. She tries to copy words we say and it is so dang much fun. She has a big heart and it shows in almost everything that she does. She also LOVES her brother who has to go with her everywhere.



Tait is growing like a weed! I guess I am just used to TINY McKinley. He now weighs a whopping 19lbs and is almost 30" He has started moving around, not crawling, but not army crawling either. His way of getting around is funny and I am glad he is finally mobile. He is a much happier baby since. He is trying so hard to stand by himself, I think its mostly so he can be like his sister. I hope that he will start walking soon, that too will be a happy day in our house because I know it will in return make him much happier. He has become a much happier baby in the last few months. If anyone shows him attention he will smile and laugh.




Bret is half way through his last semester at SLCC. I am so excited for him to be able to have a much needed summer off. This will be the first summer off in 5 semesters. His work is going well and with some rumored changes, it looks as if he will be moving up. Hopefully with the move will also come more $$.

We are still looking for a new place to live. Come June we might be homeless. Eagle Mountain is looking better and better to me the more we go out there and look. I love everything about it except Brets drive into work everyday. (which is a pretty big downer, although he will tell you that I could care less how far he has to drive) Plus you can get a KILLER loan. We are going again tonight to look at a few homes, I am hoping that there is one that Bret will like too. He is still not too convinced that we are going to be homeless in a few months. Plus he HATES change. We keep praying hoping that we will know what is best for us to do and where we are supposed to go. I hope (fingers crossed) we will walk in a house tonight and get that "this is right" feeling.


On a happy note, we bought our season tickets for BYU football! Can't WAIT!!!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Talking? Houses? Growing? You have so much going on! I'm so excited for you Ally!!!!! Love you.