Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Zoo

Saturday for my birthday we took the kids to the zoo. (you know that you are getting older when a good birthday is had by the joy in others)
We got up kinda early, thanks to Spence, my brother... another story for another day. And decided to get out before everyone else was at the zoo. Thankfully we did just that, by the time we were leaving everyone else was getting there.
It was a lot of fun to see McKinley get excited over the animals. The monkeys were her favorite.



Later that night we went to my parents house where my dad had cooked us up some killer smoked steaks. We ate until we couldn't eat anymore, had cake and ice cream opened gifts and hung out the rest of the night. It was a great birthday and I got some really nice gifts! I couldn't not post the flowers Bret bought me. I love the added touch of spring that they add to our house.



Thanks Hunny for all you do! You are the best!

5 comments:

Kateka said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you had a good day. I think Bret giving you a thank you card every day is SO cute and thoughtful!

Nicole said...

What a cute hubby you have...Happy belated birthday girl!!!

Kristie said...

Happy Birthday! I love your birthday-day. Sounds so fun.

melynda said...

happy late birthday, i glad it was a good one. man you are getting old!!!

The Hiatt's said...

Alicen! I found ya!! Cute blog :D