Friday, May 22, 2009

Aunt Coleen's Wheat Pancakes

Laura (brets mom) makes these per our request whenever we stay the night there. They are SO SO SO good. I made them this morning for the kids for breakfast and I think that Tait alone downed two of them. Try them you wont regret it!



Coleen's Wheat Pancakes

1 c sifted wheat flour
4t baking powder
1/2t salt
2T brown sugar
2 Eggs separated
1 1/4c milk
1/4c oil


Mix everything together except eggwhites beat eggs whites until stiff mixture.

1c sugar
1c water
1/2c brown sugar
about 1/2 teaspoon maple

mix together in medium sized saucepan and bring to a small bowl. serve over pancakes warm.

I found that I really like these if I use freshly ground wheat. But since I have a lot of wheat flour already ground I now do half and half.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Sounds yummy, can't wait to try them.

torri said...

We are very excited to try this recipe! Jared was looking for a good wheat pancake recipe. Thanks for sharing! :)