Monday, June 15, 2009

The Bike

My dad is a pretty creative, fixer upper type of guy. He built my parents house, he finished the basement by hand. He even made his own cupboards for the kitchen. About a year ago he and my mom were at our house and we were watching videos on youtube. He showed me this video of a 4 wheel bike and wanted to make one. He looked at buying all the parts and building it but the kit to make it was around $4,000. So being the "build it myself" type of guy he is, he did just that. He started shopping at the local DI's and picking up bikes, tearing them apart and building his very own 4-wheel bike. It has been quite the project for him, but it is finally complete enough to ride. It is funny to see the amount of attention this bike brings to those riding it.
My kids LOVE this bike and even though I made fun of my dad at first for the bike I do have to say that it is pretty dang cool. If you are ever driving around and see this bike, its one of a kind built by my dad.
He is totally in his prime when people stop and ask him questions. But I think he is most proud of it is when younger kids want to sit on it and ride it. He is such a good grandpa!!!


My dad and little sister Anna


With the Bike Trailer


Riding up the street with G-ma and G-pa



7 comments:

Joanne said...

hat is so awesome! I am very impressed.

Doney Days said...

I laugh everytime I see this in the Brookwood neighborhood. You're parents are so cute!

Kristie said...

This is the best thing I've seen all year. When can we play??? I'm gone next week-- but free after that. I want to play!!!!!

paxtonfam said...

Wow, that bike is creative! I'm sure you'll have many good memories with it. How are you doing? I miss seeing you around!

Whitney said...

This is AWESOME! I better not tell my dad or he will have to build one for himself!

Sharee said...

That is awesome. I can't believe how grown up Anna is... crazy how time flies.

Unknown said...

so cool!