Monday, June 29, 2009

Weddings, girls camps, oh my!!

June has been a pretty crazy month around here. A couple weeks ago Bret's cousin Krista got married. Wednesday was the endowment session and chuckarama after, Thursday was the rehearsal dinner and Friday was the wedding. It was good to be able to spend time with family and see Krista so happy. Since this was my very first Davis wedding, Bret warned me to be prepared to work. And boy did we work!!! Bret, me and my kids actually slept until almost 11 the next day. It was a beautiful wedding reception and Doug did a great job at sealing them. Not too many people can be sealed for eternity by a relative and Bret, Danny and Krista all were sealed by their uncle Doug.

I stole this picture from Krista's facebook page.




Also, I LOVED the cake. Kelli and Cheryl made it themselves and it was beautiful!!



After the wedding and sleeping, I didn't really have too much time to recover because I had girls camp the next week. I love girls camp and was excited to go this time as a leader. The kids stayed at G-ma and G-pa K's house and G-pa came to pick them up after his shift in his police car. Its too bad that the kids were still half asleep at the time (it was 6:15 AM) or they would have thought it was pretty neat.







Girls camp was quite the experience. We had everything from getting stuck up the mountain, changing places, snipe hunts (my favorite part... where we had the girls snorting like pigs at one point! HILARIOUS!!!) skits, late nights, camp fires and much much more. I never realized as a girl that the leaders put in so many hours to make girls camp run smoothly. Robyn Veater (our camp director) did an amazing job and our girls had a good time as well as the leaders. Here are a few pictures from camp. The one that says RIP is a funeral service held for the poor little ant that was burned to death by match... at least the girls gave him a nice place to be buried.



In less than 1 week Tait will already be one!!! More to come on my handsome little man! Until then enjoy this way too cute picture of him standing on the time out chair. (yes I know what an oxymoron that is)






2 comments:

paxtonfam said...

Sounds like girls camp was fun for you. I like that new picture of your kids at the top of your blog, cute :)

Nicole said...

Has it really been a year already? I guess so, considering my little one is almost 10 months!!! Aahh. Time for another one huh? What kind of birthday party do you have planned for little Taterkins?