Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Random Things

I thought that if I put my journal on the computer it would be easier to write.... then life happens.
There are a few random things that I wanted to write about here and I even took pictures. I will post the pics as soon as I get a chance to download them to to computer.

Bret, McKinley and me at High School Musical
First random thing...
Bret and I were at home being lazy Monday night when some people from the ward stopped by and asked us if we would like 'High School Musical' tickets. Bret who is not really a fan of HSM wasn't too thrilled other than the fact it was at East High. (his old school, didn't graduate from there, but he did go there) So with only an hour to get there and seated, we packed up and left. Surprisingly McKinley did really well through the whole thing until the very end, she was SO tired that she just kept moving all over and wouldn't sit still. As for the musical, it was pretty good. I didn't really like the guy that played Troy. He didn't sing the right note once through the whole musical, but because the band/orchestra was so loud, he couldn't hear himself singing. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. I don't really think that the drama and music teachers would have picked someone who didn't sing well to play the main character, for this once in a lifetime opportunity. Anyway it was good and we had fun.
McKinley sitting in the chair at East Highs Auditorium



McKinley crawling officially!
2nd random thing...
McKinley is now officially crawling. Its funny to watch her because she does half 'fish' (pull herself with her hands and kicks with her feet with her stomach still on the ground) and half on her hands and knees. Since she has found her knees she has found a new sense of courage and is pulling herself up on everything. She even tried to pull herself out of the tub. Not good. The other day I left to answer the phone and to write down a few numbers and she had found her way over to her box of baby wipes, opened it and started pulling wipes out one at a time... I took a picture of the mess I came back to. I will post it later.

The glorious mess McKinley left with baby wipes


McKinley and Bret Ice skating
3rd random thing...
The young men and young women in are ward went ice skating for their activity this week. This was Bret's turn to plan, so I needing a change of scenery, went along. Bret took McKinley around and it was fun to see her reaction to the ice. After Bret took her on the ice, I had to keep removing her from it. I was very afraid someone would come around the corner and not see her and sever a finger or something. Anyway, there are some boys that are not members who's parents allow them to come as long as there isn't anything extremely churchy. One of the boys is a 'know it all' and thinks he is an expert at everything including ice skating. After seeing him skate around just once I knew that he was going to hurt himself. And sure enough, he did. He face planted it! When he turned around to smile I could see that he was missing a tooth and bleeding from his chin. So, one chipped tooth and a chin that needed stitches later, we left. Bret was just SICK! On the way home he made the comment 'it couldn't happen to a member, and then people wonder why nonmembers dont come to church' A fun activity ended sour. :(
Jordan with his half missing tooth and cut chin (click on it to see it really well)

4th Random thing...
This weekend is our anniversary. I will write about that after the weekend of craziness is over. And what better way to spend it then by going to a wedding? Mike (cousin from the Kettenring side) and ReBecca are getting married tomorrow in the Bountiful Temple. They are going through today to get their endowments taken out and for the first time since I was pregnant with McKinley I am going to the Temple. I hate that I haven't gone in so long and I am really looking forward to going today. So I am already preparing myself for the load of other random things that will happen to me while trying to get ready. Its funny how you have something planned like this and how everything that could go wrong does. Hopefully this morning will run smoothly.

When I get a minute or two today, I will post the pictures that I wanted to. But that might be later rather than sooner.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Happy anniversary! And I'm still waiting to see those pics!

Heather O said...

Don't you love the randomness that life brings? I have to admit, I laughed at the image in my head of that kid with a missing tooth. Hope you have a great anniversary!