Sunday, November 11, 2007

Tag you're it!

I was Tagged by Christy, she said that this is fun so I am giving it a shot.

The rules of the game should be posted at the beginning of the post. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. I love being a mom. No one can ever prepare you for what is to come when you have a child. Your whole life changes. Although it was the hardest thing I have ever done, it is for sure the most rewarding. There are times that McKinley smiles just at the right moment, I think that she knows if she doesn't drop a big one, then her mom would sell her on the black market. (just kidding, but all mom's understand that feeling) Not only do I love being a mom, I loved being pregnant. There is just something about being able to feel another being inside of you. Its such a miraculous feeling that is indescribable, yet so beautiful.


McKinley and Mom a few months ago

2. I am obsessed with EFY. Since I was 12 I had always been a participant down and BYU in the week long camp. I love the music, I love the people there, and most of all I loved all of my counselors. I always knew that I wanted to be one. 2 years after high school I applied to be a counselor, I was the only one of my friends that applied that got the job. I have to say that was by far my favorite summer. I spent 7 weeks playing around like I was a teenager again, and basking in the spirit too. I miss it and still wish that I could do it every year. I love everything about it, the kids, the music, the dances, the games, the classes, the spirit, the fun... should I keep going?!?!? Even though I can't do it anymore, I still go out and buy that years CD and listen to it all the time in my car. It brings back all of those years memories and such a great feeling!

3. I LOVE football. My mother-in-law often asks me how I came to be such a big football fan since growing up in my parents house we weren't allowed to watch sports on Sundays. I think it might have had something to do with the fact I wasn't allowed to, so when I moved out, I watched it because I could. In high school I always enjoyed attending the weekly games and the social aspect of football. When Bret and I went on our first date, there was an arena football game going on and I asked if he minded if we watched the game. He knew from there on out that I was going to be the girl with his heart. Football is always on in our home. Monday night, Thursday night, Friday night, all day Saturday and Sunday when we get home from church. When this fall came around I woke up one morning and said to Bret "can you smell it?... its football season!" oh and I am a HUGE Y fan!! GO COUGARS!!!


Bret and me at a Y game last year for our anniversary
4. I love watching the Disney Channel. Growing up my parents were very strict with what we watched on TV. They had a HUGE list of things that we weren't allowed to watch. So since I was young I always had a pretty good discernment for what was good on TV. I am the same with movies too. I love all the silly, cheesy, predictable movies and have no sex, violence, swearing etc. So if you were to visit my house and turn the TV on, you would most likely find that it was on the Disney Channel. Hannah Montana, Thats so Raven, and Phil of the Future are among my favorites.

5. I like Christy, love to sing. I am quite proud of my choir nerd reputation I had in high school too. I love singing and always have. In high school I was aways busy with choir things. My solo my senior year even went to State. After high school, I haven't been in a choir other than ward choir. But I have had the opportunity of singing many solo's for funeral's, church, firesides and other events. My biggest audience so far has been 1600! I am even trying out for Kurt Bestors 'best singer search' Its this week so keep your fingers crossed for me!


Winter last year at our house. I was 7 months preggers

6. I love the snow and hate the heat! Everyone gets very excited about the summer. I, on the other hand, dread it. I am not the happiest person when I am hot, so as you can only imagine, summer is not my favorite. I do love the winter though. I love being cold and snuggling up to Bret to get warm. I love to watch the snow fall outside my big front window. I love the lights and the music, the laughter and the hot coco. I love the sound of the water splashing underneath the cars that drive by. I love to see my breath when I walk outside. I love shoveling snow and how cold my toes get after doing it. I love hiking the mountain to cut down our Christmas tree. I love getting out my blanket, sitting on the couch and reading a good book, with nothing but the sound of my cat playing with the ornaments on the tree, the lights from the tree reflect off the window. And I love the warmth of the winter season, it always makes me smile!

3 comments:

Christy said...

I am opposite you when it comes to the weather...I DREAD the winter. I hate snow, I hate ice, I hate scraping ice off my car windows, I hate winter. I LOVE the summer. I even don't mind when it gets above 100...that just means it's time to take the boat out and go wakeboarding (only 6 more months to go!)

These are fun, huh? I like finding out random facts about my friends.

Christy said...

I'm totally bummed, too! That sucks! You should come anyway and cheer me and Kateka on!

We really all need to get together soon, anyway. Let's plan a day and really make it happen. Weekends are good for me. We should probably wait until Chelsea is officially moved in...

Chelsea said...

Alright, Ladies, here's the deal. I am all for going to cheer/meet up after the race. That would be way fun! We are officially getting house keys Nov. 27th and will be completely moved in Dec. 3rd but I will be moving to SLC this Saturday! So it doesn't matter to me when we get together - and who says we can't get together lots?!
Did I mention that Rachael bought the place next door to me? She wants to join in too, if she's invited...