Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Baby #2 Update

Many of you have been wondering how things have been going with this pregnancy. So I thought I'd take a minute and write a few things.

  • This pregnancy is SO very different from the first. I think its mostly because I am preoccupied with other details in my life. McKinley is getting harder to keep up with and clean up after. So I tend to forget that I am even pregnant. Bret, working full time and going to school this summer 3 days a week keeps me on my toes making sure that the house is clean and dinner is ready for him. Making it once again easy to forget that I am even pregnant.
  • Sleep is pretty much a NOT at this point. The only comfortable position is on my back.. and that is a no no, but the dr told me today to just lay pillows under my back so I am not laying completely flat... so now, I hope that I will be able to at least sleep until I have him. :)
  • My heartburn is out of control. I take pills and those have worked up until about a week ago, now EVERYTHING gives me heartburn. Even tums don't even help... I guess I'm in it for the long haul now
  • I am SO sick of only fitting into 3 pairs of pants and 3 shirts I could puke. My other clothes just look way more appealing at this point
  • Its so fun to sit at night with Bret and watch him move uncontrollably. I only really ever think about being pregnant at night when its just Bret and I watching the news or laying in bed. That is when I feel him move the most. I am starting to get to the "I wonder what he is going to look like" stage... I hope that he is cute.. and if he isn't are people going to lie to me and tell me he is.. most likely yes.
  • the name game, we decided then we haven't, we decide then change our minds... top 5 names 1-Korver 2- Tucker 3-Gaige 4- Gunnar 5- Max... ok well #5 I really like and Bret hates.. so its pretty much a no, but I can still hope
  • I am to my weekly Dr visits now... So crazy each time I get checked to see where I am. Good news of the day I have dilated 1cm from last week and am 65% effaced and strep B-!!!
  • The Dr today said "anyday"... my exact thought... 'I need to get a bag ready for the hospital, Stuff for McKinley and an itinerary for my mom , oh she needs a house key too... what if I go into labor at night? Do I call the neighbor?... Is the car seat clean and ready? what about his clothes... I don't have any pj's for him... I need to go shopping.. the swing needs to be brought upstairs, but what if McKinley wants to play in it.. nah we'll wait until we get him home to bring it up... oh we dont even have his bed put together... where is he going to sleep? Bret can bring it up... no its ok I'll put it together while McKinley is napping... watch I'll do all this and I won't even have him for another month." I then wonder why Bret tells me to be quite when its time for bed... this seriously is what goes on in my head all day.

5 comments:

Kateka said...

I am so excited for you! Please promise to post a bazillion pictures of the new baby when you have him! There is not even the smallest of chances that this kid could be not cute. You know he is going to be heart-throb from day one!

Nicole said...

I have been anxiously waiting for another post from you. Seriously. I am glad to hear that things are going well (given the circumstances). I have a few thoughts to add to your post though...so her I go... I feel for you as far as the heartburn goes. I started getting heartburn at four months, and it has progressively gotten worse. However, a nurse at my work told me to try zantac. I bought some, and it seems to work pretty well. The only downfall is that it is kinda expensive for how often I have to take it (it's about $5.00 for eight pills which I have been taking one per day). Tums work for me for like an hour, and then the heartburn is back on. Plus, the taste of tums is starting to make me sick, so I have decided to give them up, and spend my money on expensive zantac...you should try it, just don't go into debt for it. haha. On a different note, all the names you guys like are super cute. In fact, a couple of them are names that we have tossed around. However, we threw "Tucker" out the window due to the fact that a nice little swear word rhymes perfectly with it, and given that he is a boy, it will most likely be used against him. Korver is still my favorite out of all your choices, but I am a big fan of Max as well (sorry Bret). We haven't picked out a name either. Everyone keeps telling me that I should wait until we see him to decide on one. But, if I took every piece of pregnancy advice that I get literally...I would be a mess. I wish pregnancy came with ear plugs so that I could block out all the annoying advice I keep getting. It is really getting on my nerves. To sum it all up, it's nice to hear that someone else is going through the same things that I am. Good luck with eveything Ali, let me know if there is anything I can do for you and your cute family. Keep us all updated...I check your blog like everyday. Love ya girl.

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness that was a long comment. Sorry.

Tiff George said...

Of course you call the neighbor if you go into labor in the middle of the night! :) We'd love to have McKinley over - even if it is 2:00 am - and we'd love to help out in any way we can. I still can't believe you're ready to have him any day now. Korver is the cutest boys name ever - I know my vote doesn't really count, but if it did, my vote is with Korver. And if you can't find the time to go shopping before you have the little guy, we've got plenty of newborn boy clothes (and PJ's!) you can borrow until you can find the time!

Doney Days said...

This is so exciting! A new little one for you. I can't believe you're at the end. Good luck! It was so good to see you at Jenny's wedding!