Thursday, June 26, 2008

More Randomness

Its 12:30, McKinley is sleeping and I should be doing the dishes, getting a load of laundry in and maybe taking a shower... but instead I thought I would take a few minutes and update our blog.

This last week has been a lot of fun and busy. I actually forgot how much fun, yet crazy the summers can be. Mostly filled with family parties, weddings and lots of trips to the park. I love the summer!

Since we are expecting a baby any day now, I try to keep the house as picked up as possible. The worst things to come home to is a dirty house. And with all of the changes that are about to take place just knowing that I will come home to a clean house gives me one less thing to need to worry about. Yesterday I spent the day with my mother and sister in law, I was hoping that the dishes would have magically done themselves by the time I got home... but they were all still sitting there when I got home late last night.



And they are still there... sitting... staring back at me each time I pass the sink. Eventually I think we will run out of clean dishes, maybe I will just wait until then to do them.

Anyway, McKinley and I went to my mother in laws house yesterday and spent the day there. It was a lot of fun spending time with her and my sister in law Robyn. Robyn and I made a front door craft for the 4th of July. The kids played in the pool and McKinley had her very first rootbeer float.



On to baby news, I went to the Dr Tuesday morning and heard that 31 other women in the valley all had their babies on Monday. Jealous that they had their babies, glad that I was not delivering mine in the hallway. Hopefully when our little guy decides to finally join us down here, we won't be in the hospital with 31 other women and their new guys too. Anyway, the dr stripped my membranes (not comfortable) and she said that usually that helps speed things up... but two days later I am still pregnant. I really thought that today I would have him, just because Bret is out golfing today and getting paid to do it. He has been talking about it for weeks now and told me that this is the one day I CANNOT have the baby. So far he is in the safe zone.
Being dilated to almost a 4 and 70% effaced, having your membranes stripped and the thermostat reading 90+ degrees for the last week makes everyday that I am pregnant seem that much longer and seem like he is never coming out. I seriously feel like my stomach is this big!


Needless to say hopefully the next time I blog I have pictures of a baby not a belly!


5 comments:

Nicole said...

I love the belly pic. Haha. That woman must be carrying multiples or something. Anyway, sorry to hear that baby boy hasn't come yet. I'm sure he will come soon, probably when you least expect it. Stay inside in the air conditioning...it's way too hot out there for us pregnant women. Love ya girl. Good luck with everything:)

Kateka said...

I hope your next post has baby boy pics too! Oh goodness I am so excited for you.

Heather O said...

Wow, that is quite the belly. Thanks for posting that. Good luck with the changes in the (very) near future!

Doney Days said...

You poor thing! I thought for sure that you would have had him. Hang in there!

Kevin and Stacey said...

Alicen,
Hey! I found your blog through a friend of a friend of a friend. What a coincidence that I happened to stumble upon yours! I just thought I would say hi. I will be checking your blog now to see when you have your baby!
Stacey(Forman)Cowley