Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Rivalry Week plus 3 years! GO Blue!

Well its officially rivalry week, which is one of my favorite things about the week Bret and I got married. Today we have been married for 3 years! Its crazy how time flies, yet I still love him the same, if not more than I did the day we got married. Happy Anniversary honey!



As for rivalry week, boy it sure is a lot of fun. I have sworn not to wear any red all week.. which actually works out pretty good since I don't own much red anyway. This years game I am pretty sure will bring as much excitement as the last couple years have. Harline in the end zone, Collie on 4 and 18.. what will it be this year? At our house the countdown has begun!
One thing that always has driven me crazy about this week is how much trash talking goes on... I understand that at first it is all fun and games, but eventually we all, Utah and BYU fans start taking low blows at each other. Y fans always bring up the National Championship, just like U fans bring up '04.




One thing about this year though it that trash talking really doesn't work all that well. BYU is 10-1 Utah is 11-0 Other than 3 teams, they have the same schedule. The teams stats are pretty much the same. Despite the fact that Kyle Whittingham doesn't acknowledge that BYU has a pretty good program this year, (which really ticked me off, but I won't go into that) I really don't think that this years game is going to be the big blow-out that the U fans are all expecting it to be.
Anyway with that being said.... GO COUGARS!!!




2 comments:

Kara & Jacob Maughan said...

Happy Anniversary! How awesome :)

Heather O said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember coming to your reception after the game.

I hadn't heard about what Kyle said, all I have to say is that I lost all respect for the man last year. Oh well, just glad he isn't our coach!