Monday, November 24, 2008

Silly Max! Cougars wear Blue!


I cannot make another post without talking about the BYU vs UTAH game. For all of you (most of you) that read this that are Ute fans, understand that this post is coming from a cougar fan. I will most likely say things that you do not agree with, and just remember in all you did win the game. With that being said. I would never call Saturdays game what many Ute fans are calling it... a slaughter! The Utes did not destroy the cougars nor did they prove to them who was the better team. I believe that at the beginning of the 4th quarter the score was 27-24 I hardly call that a game where BYU was destroyed.
I like many Cougar fans am a little heartbroken over the fact that they lost. But most of all I am irritated by the fact that Ute fans have no sportsmanship and rush the field before the game is even over, careless to the fact that their team still had players on the field just like BYU. Even Whittingham (who I have no respect for) was screaming for the fans to get off the field. I can't believe that fans got into Bronco Mendenhalls face screaming profanity. And feel the need to say crazy things about others religion or how they are going to go to hell because they are a BYU fan. Or because BYU lost it prove's that its not the Lords school. (ridiculous that the Lord has a school?)
For those of you who know me I have already vowed never to go to a Ute game in the Rice Eccles stadium because of an experience I had a few years ago at a game (it wasn't even against the Y). I was disgusted by the way the fans have no respect for visiting teams or their fans. I will never go or allow my children to attend a game in that stadium. I care for their well being and safety too much.
As for the game, Ute fans need to give credit where credit it due. Max Hall totally should have been given the games MVP award. If BYU would have scored on the 5 turn overs caused by Max Hall, this game would have been in BYU's favor. And the U would have had their first loss of the year. But because that is not the way the game went, U fans should be thanking our silly Max for the win that they were given in the 4th quarter.
All in all I am still very proud of the way that the Cougars have played this year. 10-2 is not that bad of a record. They always show respect for whichever team they play even if that respect is not reciprocated and for that I am proud to be a Y fan. We plan on attending their bowl game where ever it is to cheer on our Cougars!
I hope that for MWC sake that the Utes can win the BSC bowl game they are given and not see a replica of the Hawaii game last year. So as much as I hate to say it, GO RED! but mostly GO BLUE!!!

2 comments:

Doney Days said...

UTE fans suck! Well, not all, but the ones that were at the game. Heidi's hubby, Jeff, went to the gmae and someone hit him in his face with their poster, then some girl was screaming "F-You, F-you" (except the real word) in the back of his head as he was walking down the stairs. Give me a break. I think if anyone is going to hell, it's the UTE fans that obviously have some unresolved, anger issues. Go BLUE!

Allie said...

One of our good friends had a similar experience. someone followed him and his friend who is from Texas to their seats. She was harassing them and telling asking them if they knew they were going to go to hell or that the devil lives at BYU. The people they were sitting next to by the end of the 4th quarter were throwing things at them and throughout the game just screaming f-you F-you (only the real word). His friend from Texas said he has never seen such crazy fans. He has even been to the Texas Tech Oklahoma game and said that the Ute fans are crazy and he actually asked if they could leave early. Because he was afraid of what was going to happen to them if they didn't.
Ute fans do have some unresolved anger issues.