Monday, April 21, 2008

April Showers!

BOY! Is April over? I cannot wait until I can finally sit down and relax.
I went to the dr. today, everything looks good. The baby is growing and his heart beat is regualr. Me on the other hand... I have high blood pressure, protein in my urine and I am lacking iron. I promised the dr. that the next time she saw me, in two weeks, that my blood pressure would be down. She told me to remember to make time for myself everyday and to try to eliminate stress... hahahaha
This past week was Bret's birthday. I didn't really do all that much for him, mostly because he said that he didn't want anything or anyone to know it was his birthday. I took cupcakes into his work, and to Red Lobster for dinner. Other than that he got two pairs of shorts, a candle breeze, tiger woods golf for the wii, and a new BYU hat. On Saturday we had a BBQ with our families to celebrate and to give him a day off from the stress of the end of the semester.


the car parked in front of my driveway

Saturday night when we got home, around 11, we saw that our neighbors were having a party. You could barely even drive up the street there were so many cars. When we got to our driveway we noticed that someone had parked in front of our driveway so that we couldnt pull in. SO irritated I decided I was going to go over there and tell them what I thought about them parking there (honestly who is dumb enough to do something like that) and to go move their car so I could unload my car and put McKinley and myself to bed. As I got out of the car, I could here kids screaming, and loud Mexican music blaring. I turned the corner and saw a big blowup bouncy thing for the kids... all of which were still awake and playing in it. Corona bottles were all over the lawn and everyone there was speaking Spanish. I knew at that point that even if I could get someone to talk to me, they wouldn't understand or pretend to not understand what I was saying. So instead we parked clear down the street and then called the cops. We waited 3 hours before the cops finally showed up. Their music was still blaring, the kids were out playing Marco Polo and Bret and I were still awake. All the cop did was tell the guy to go move his car, no turn down the radio, put your kids to bed, here is a ticket for being dumb and parking in front of someones driveway, party is over... just a go move your car. The music didn't stop until around 5 in the morning. Then 2 and a half hours later Kinney woke up. I kept trying to think of vindictive ways to get my neighbors back. Go mow my lawn, blast church music, set up a fog horn to go off in their bushes until they found it to make it stop. All of which I desperately wanted to do, the only thing stopping me was the fact that it was Sunday and it reminded me that I needed to remember to be Christian about it. But seriously why is it that we always have to be the nice ones? I want to be the mean one sometimes!!! Its the beginning of the summer so I am sure that I will have more blogs venting about my neighbors and their parties. Any suggestions on how to deal?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That is so funny. We just barely moved into our new house on Thursday, and we had an incident similar to that on Sunday. I worked a graveyard that night, so I was trying to sleep during the day, but couldn't because our next door neighbors were blasting mexican rap music so loud that I could actually pick out the lyrics. We didn't know what to do since they don't speak english, but if it continously keeps happening I guess we call the cops?? I have no idea...but I do know that there is a noise ordinance no matter where you live. You have to be respectful of your neighbors. But ya, it totally seems like we are the ones being respectful, why can't other people respect us???

Jessica said...

Alicen! It was so fun to read your comment, I haven't seen you in ages!! Don't you love blogging? I'm so excited to check up on yours! Your daughter is so dang cute and how fun, another on the way! Congratulations!