Thursday, April 10, 2008

McKinley McKinley McKinley


It has been such a long time since I wrote anything about McKinley. I thought that I would take a minute to write about the cute things that she is doing. She is almost 14 months already... its so crazy for me to even think about it!

My mom thinks that she needs to be walking, although I am totally fine with the fact that she isn't yet. She stands by herself and she walks around furniture, and does take about 4-8 steps without any help but other than that she isn't really all that interested in it. As long as she is walking by July, its all good.

She loves pulling things in and out of any box or bowl. She has a favorite cupboard that she pulls all my pots and pans out of in the kitchen. She is so little that she fits in the pots. Its funny to watch her because she thinks that she is pretty neat getting in and out of them.
Her toy bin would be her next favorite place to crawl in and out of. She will take out all her toys and then climb in the bucket then try to get all her toys back in with her. All of her toys that make noise go off and she then dances and claps her hands. It seriously is a crack up!
She loves outside, its just too bad that Utah's weather is so crazy! When it was warm out we would go for a walk in the morning and then we would get a blanket and play with her toys outside in the afternoon. The first time it snowed again after it was nice out, she stood by our front window and would point and grunt. It was very sad. But I'm glad that this weekend it will finally start to get warmer, she will be SO happy.

She absolutely loves her grandparents. I know the reason why... they give her everything that mom and dad don't. McKinley and my dad are buds. Its so funny to see them together... although I don't know who is more fun to watch, her or my dad. I went to my dads work one day and in one of the rooms, they have a wall with everyone that works there pictures. She was looking at the wall and pointed to my dad's picture smiled at me and then nodded her head yes. It was very cute!!
McKinley is a GREAT sleeper!!! I honestly have to say that for a while, I thought that the early mornings where never going to go away. But since January she usually sleeps until about 9-10. (this morning is an exception, shes been up since 5) Then she takes at least another 2-3 hours nap in the afternoon. I hope it stays that way for a while, it nice to have that time to get work done and my house cleaned.


Other fun facts or firsts....
  • front facing car ride
  • she now climbs in and out of her own chair
  • first taste of chocolate
  • first time on a slide
  • first ice cream cone
  • first concert (Disney on ice)
  • blowing a kiss
  • first visit to kidscare (she had a fever of 104)
  • easter egg hunt (kinda grandpa helped then aunt Robyn stole her egg)
  • her hair is out of control!!! I have no idea what to do with it.
  • she got her ears pierced
  • she hides her food in her cheeks like a chipmunk
  • my most favorite thing she love giving hugs and will even pat your back while loving on you

2 comments:

melynda said...

ok, love the picture in the pot! and 2nd i absolutely love the earrings. if i have a girl that is the first thing i am going to be doing!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.