Wednesday, April 9, 2008

IPOD mistake

When Bret and I first got married one of our biggest purchases was two new ipods. At the time they were the newest and the nicest, but like many electronics, they are now out of date. About 6 months after our purchase Apple came out with the video ipod and surprisingly we won at one of Bret's work parties.
Since there were only two of us and we owned 3 ipods we promised Jayson, my bro in law, that if he had 2 sacks (sacking the Quarterback) in each one of his games, we would give him an ipod. Now to me that sounded almost impossible, but he did it and we gave him one of our ipods. Since that time, it has been thrown against the ground and broken into about 80 different pieces because he got frustrated with it one day. This did not go over well with me... but after all it was a gift and there wasn't much at that point that we could do about it.
Since I have been home with McKinley, I never use my ipod, Bret has his and when we go on vacation or somewhere in the car we always just plug his into the stereo. When we clean the house, we use his or I just turn on the computer and listen to the songs in itunes. So when Spence came to me and said he'd give me $100 for it, I was sold. We got the ipod up and running and plugged it into the computer so it would upload all the new songs. It seriously took all day! Anyway, when he was leaving I couldnt find the charger and I told him that he would have to wait until I could find it in order for him to charge it. He also knew that if you plugged it into the computer that it charged. My parents have 1 computer that is ancient, got a virus and died, but my dad has since tried to bring this dinosaur back to life and it has been working for a few days now. Spence in his anticipation to be able to listen to his ipod, plugged it into my parents computer. It has not ever worked since. It wont charge, it wont download, it wont do anything. So I called Apple and they said chances are the hard-drive crashed and that it will be around $200 to fix!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

First of all, I agree with IPODS. They are such a convenience for working out, etc. but we get so dependant on them that when they break everyone thinks the world is going to end. Ugh...technology, we have a love/hate relationship. Mine hasn't worked in over a year, and to be honest...I don't miss the stupid thing. Second of all...ALICEN!!! I am so glad you have a blog. Do you like it so much better than myspace? I do, and i'm still brand new with all of it. Now I can see what you are up to on a weekly/monthly/daily basis...it's so much better. Anyway, congratulations on becoming a mommy again!!! How exciting that we are pregnant together, so when are you due? I really like the name Carver, it's unique, but not crazy like some of the made up baby names out there. Anyway, hope to talk to you soon:)