Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Grandma D


WOW! What a weekend! I have so much to write, and I will write and post more as I get the time too this week (hopefully) It was quite the action packed weekend. But the thing that sticks out the most was the passing of Grandma Duehlmeier. (Brets Grandma)

Grandma owns the duplex that we live in and we have been lucky enough to have been here and apart of her everyday life for the past 2 years. Every day I saw the "old lady" smiling and waving from her back porch. When we went to visit she would always sing silly songs to McKinley like "wash the lady dishes" McKinley loved Oma, and was always so excited to see her. In fact she was the first person McKinley ever waved goodbye to. She would get mad at Bret for messing up her hair and would stick her tongue out or make some crazy face at us when her quick whittedness failed to come through. She loved watching Maggie (our cat) sit in the window and sometimes I think she liked our animals more than she did us. She loved holidays and even dressed up for church on the week of St. Patty's day with green hair and all. Although I only have known her for the last 3-4 years she still had a huge impact on my life. Teaching me to enjoy it, even when that "white stuff was falling" (snow, she hated it) She now is happy, pain free and with her much missed husband, Grandpa Freddy who has been gone for 10 years. I am sure it was a happy reunion. My life has been blessed because of her joyful spirit and laughter.

No comments: