Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Just a little more

April was a pretty busy month for us. We did so many different things and I wanted to post something about the things we did, although I never got around to it. I finally got a chance to download some of the pictures from last month so I guess before they get lost in the magnitude of pictures we have saved I should take the time to post them and talk about them.

Now that McKinley is getting old enough to be excited about other little kids, I have tried to have her play with other kids her age. Sometimes this goes over well, other times it doesn't. My moms neighbor has a little girl who is the same age as McKinley, they seem to get along well and McKinley copies everything that Avery does. Its really cute. Anyway a couple of weeks ago Avery's mom went to a wedding at the SLC temple and needed someone to watch Avery, she came over and they played for about 3 hours. (Its amazing how much more time I had to get things done because they entertain each other... maybe having a second one won't be that bad after all...) Here are some pictures of them sharing the rocking chair in my front room...

McKinley makes the funniest faces now if she knows that you are going to take her picture... it seriously is a crack up!!!

My mom and dad celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary in March, but waited until April to do anything. They packed up their bags and left one weekend to Lava Hot Springs and Bret and I got to take care of my little sister, Anna. Utah weather has been so up and down that we don't have the swamp coolers going yet, so some days our house is freezing and others it is SO hot. Anyway the weekend that my parents were out of town it was super warm in our house so we decided to eat dinner outside on the lawn.. It was really fun until the sun went down and then we packed everything up and went back inside to get warm.



Anna also started soccer this spring... who ever would have thought how much fun it would be to watch 6 year olds run around chasing a ball. Every Saturday Bret and I go to her extremely early morning games. Its such a blast to watch them and I can't wait until I get to see my own kids do crazy things like it. Anna is doing a really good job... although she won't chase after the ball unless you scream "get it Anna, get it" After one of her first couple of practices, she told my mom that she didn't know if she liked it or not because everyone is mean and pushes her out of the way. lol Two Saturdays ago Anna scored her very first goal... We were so proud! Later that night my mom took her to go get an ice cream cone for playing so well, I think that might give her more incentive to run after the ball next week.














No comments: