Thursday, May 15, 2008

Robyn Graduates!


Robyn, Ethan and Mike

Tuesday night Bret and I got to attend Robyn' s(my sister in law) graduation from beauty school. It surprisingly wasn't all that boring either. She had a pretty good turn out of supporters as well, even though her husband was late and missed her walk in the room.
Everyone, with a few exceptions, pretty much had a story like Robyns. Started school, had a baby, then came back to finish. Mike, her husband, has been taking care of Ethan on Saturdays and weeknights and my mother in law took care of him during the day, so that Robyn would be able to finish by June. I have to say that it must have been hard for Robyn to leave her baby with other people even if it was her husband and her mom. But also what a struggle it must have been for my mother in law too. She seriously is a super trooper! RS president, has a 16year old still at home, is the main care giver of her mom, works part time, and still managed to help her daughter out by taking care of Ethan too. I think she in part deserves at least part of her degree! Or at least a HUGE vacation!
We are really proud of Robyn for finishing and not only did she finish but she was the only one out of everyone that graduated that received a personal letter of recommendation from the owner of the school. She graduated with a 99% academic and 32% retail!!! GO ROBYN!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Hi there! Thats pretty much it! I love your blog its adorable!

Kateka said...

You make some good valid points. I shouldn't really care what my body will look like, but I am so vain. Maybe within the next 6 months I need to stop being so darn selfish. :) But in all seriousness, I really do appreciate your points, especially because you have been through this so you know understand the anxiety/excitement/fear, etc. Thanks dear!

Kateka said...

Hey! Cute new page. :)