Thursday, January 15, 2009

6 months and the Gym



I seriously cannot believe that Tait is already 6 months old. This picture was taken about a month or so ago, and now his hair is filling in and is as red as red can be. I took him in for his wellness visit and to get his immunizations today and he was so good for the dr it did me proud.
Here is where he is as for the charts, and just so you know... this kid eats like a mule and I am surprised he doesn't weigh about 40lbs!!

Height - 27.3" - 70%
Weight - 15lbs 2oz - 7% (which is up from his 2% he has been in up until this point)
Head Circ. - 44cm - 46%

Since he is 6 months and I thought I would say 6 things that I love about Tait.
  • when he smiles he smiles with his whole body
  • his red hair
  • his absolutely addicting laugh
  • how much he loves McKinley
  • his big blue eyes
  • when he gets excited its almost more than he can handle and his whole body shakes!! This is hilarious!!!
As much as this little man has been a test of my patience, I am sure glad that he is here and I sure am grateful for the joy he brings me each day.

On a different note, Bret and I signed up with 24 hour fitness last October. I went a few times, but it was hard because McKinley didn't like to stay in the kidscare and Tait had to be 6months before I could leave him with her. I went to a few mommy and me classes with Tait, but usually had to leave early because McKinley couldn't handle the kidscare or they were always during Taits feeding time.. which made him crancky adn impossible for me to work out!!
Anyway, this year I am motivated to finally get healthy. I have extra weight that I NEED to loose, and I need to eat better not only for me, but for my family as well. Since the beginning of the year I have been to the gym almost every day. I guess I figured that since I am so out of shape that the pounds would just start to fall off... which is not what has happened.. I have lost 2lbs (give or take which time of the day I weigh in) Which is so stinkin frustrating because my body is SO sore after each workout. So I am now pledging that I will only weigh in once a week. If I weigh in more than that I think that I will just get frustrated and quit. Anyway, I am guessing that one day I will weigh in and weigh a lot less... maybe? hoefully! If anyone else has a 24 hour fitness membership let me know and we could go together sometime!! I would love that!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I wish you went to Golds, then we could go together. I love working out...especially when you see results, but when you don't it's SO FRUSTRATING!!! Weighing in once a week is a great idea because your body weight changes so much from day to day. That's what I do. I weigh myself on Mondays. Make sure you do it around the same time each week (like in the morning before you eat or drink anything and after you go to the bathroom). That way it's more accurate!!! Not that i'm a pro or anything, but that's what works for me. I'm proud that you are working out so much...GOOD FOR YOU!!! Tate is adorable...I LOVE the red hair:)

Nicole said...

I mean "Tait". Sorry, I spelled his name wrong. I hate it when that happens with Kohen.

Christy said...

Weighing in once a week is the best way to do it. And you should feel really excited about losing those 2 pounds. After all, healthy weight loss is between 1 to 2 pounds per week, and it's only been two weeks so you're right on schedule! Try not to get frustrated, even if you don't lose a single pound during the week. At least you're working out and creating those healthy habits. And remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so maybe you've lost a lot of fat and gained muscle in the process. That's what I like to tell myself, anyways! Just don't give up, keep going, and eventually you'll see the results you're looking for. Even if it takes 6 months, a year, two years, etc. Yay!

paxtonfam said...

Cute little Tait, man he is growing up so fast! That's neat you joined the gym, but I sure do miss going walking with you.

Missy Mauch said...

He sounds just like Alyssa! We actually had her on Nuk bottles when I stopped breastfeeding her at 3 months old. I had changed my diet to help her and it still didn't work, so I stopped. We tried prevacid and it did nothing! The zantac seems to be working for right now! I'm so happy to finally have it some-what controlled!

Homer Hoodlums said...

Keep in there my friend. We are all in this together. Just don't give up!! I like to think of weight loss like potatos. 2 lbs may not seem like much, but it's half a bag of a 5 lb bag of potatos! And those are heavy!! So way to go! That is amazing! Keep it up! Is it potatoes... I think. I'm getting so dumb!!!