Monday, January 26, 2009

Ipod Music

So today while I was at the gym, my ipod died.. which left me with a 55 minute workout music-less. I found myself having a hard time trying to workout and read the subtitles on the TV's and my hour work out turned out to be the longest hour workout ever! (note to self... next time your kids get sick and you don't go to the gym for a week, make sure you plug your ipod in to charge)

Since I have only had my ipod since Christmas (best Christmas gift to date) our itunes is full of music that only Bret listens too. Don't get me wrong, in a lot of cases we like the same music, but while I am at the gym I don't find Rammstien very motivating.

I have been thinking about creating a playlist for my ipod for working out only. So, I thought I would ask, what do have on your ipods that motivate you while working out? I hope that with everyones suggestions I will be able to listen to something other than Rammstien.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have to say to keep me motivated I have Rammstein, UGK,
2pac, Metallica, and some Josh Groben. All great for working out.

Christy said...

I'm always looking for new music to work out to. You have inspired a post...give it a day or two and I'll post on my blog a gigantic list of everything I love to workout to.

Whitney said...

My iPod was the best Christmas present to date too! I love to run with it... I've been able to run for 5 miles without stopping to walk (which is a freaking miracle, since for the last two years of running, I ALWAYS have to walk after the first mile or two and then stop every mile or two after that!). But I have a very weird mix of music that I just listen to on "shuffle". My favorites are Guns 'N Roses, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin (Rock N Roll is the best!), Metrostation - Shake It, Britney Spears - Womanizer, Gwen Stephanie - Hollarback Girl. It's a very weird mix, with Bob Marley, The Beatles, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, The Ramones and other stuff. I love my iPod!!

Kason said...

Wow, barring the Britney, my playlist is a spittin' image of Whitney's. I don't know who you are Miss Whitney, but I elect you Mayor of Musicland. I don't hate a bit of Ramstein and System of a Down to work out to, but the King of all motivational music is Mika. Oh how I love Mika. Mika Mika Mika!

Kara & Jacob Maughan said...

Great post! I was thinking of posting something similar when I start my workout routine next month. I have already started compiling my list...here you go: Veronicas-Untouched, Guns N' Roses-Sweet Child O' mine, Akon-Beautiful, Reel 2 Real-I like to Move it, Enur (feat. Natasja)-Calabria 2008, Saving Abel-Addicted, The All-American Rejects-Gives you Hell, Ben Folds Five-Army (pretty much anything by Ben Folds is pretty upbeat), Miranda Lambert-Gun Powder & Lead, Jesse Mccartney-Daddy's Little Girl, Kanye West-Heartless, Britney Spears-Womanizer, Circus, Kill the Lights, If You Seek Amy, and Unusual You (I like me some Britney), T.I.-Whatever you Like (radio version, this song is pretty dirty), Flo Ride feat. T-Pain-Low (radio version, once again, kinda dirty), Anything by Incubus and Usher has some good stuff too...remember My Way...loved that song when I was a tyke. Anyways hope this helps :)

Natalie Redd said...

Thanks for the post on my blog! I love finding old friends! You have such a cute family! Keep in touch!