Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just a Post to Post

So nothing new and exciting has happened in the last week of our lives, but I have made it a goal to post something weekly so I am posting just to post.
McKinley has been sick, she has an awful cold and Tait is starting to sound just like her when he coughs. It is actually pretty scary for me because McKinley never really got sick as a baby and I am terribly afraid of RSV. So I have spent the last two days camped out on the couch doing nothing but holding my babies and making them drink drink drink. Who would have thought that sitting on the couch would be so exhausting!




There is one good thing that has happened and I should be shouting it from the rooftops... Tait is FINALLY sleeping through the night!!!



At his 6 month appointment I asked the dr about sleeping and she said there is no reason for him not to be sleeping through the night and the only way to get him to do it is make him cry it out. So Friday we started.. well kinda we got home late (2am) so that is when he went to bed and he didn't wake up until 8. Saturday night was a little different, he woke up around 2 and cried for about 30 minutes and then went back to sleep and slept until 8. Sunday he fussed a little but not much and slept until 8 and today he slept until 6 with not a fuss at all!!! I am SO glad!!! Its just too bad we haven't been able to take advantage of getting real sleep since McKinley has been sick.... Maybe next week.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Hooray for sleep!!! I am glad Tait is sleeping good. It's hard to make them cry it out, but it pays off in the end. We had a hard time with that at first too, but Kohen quickly learned at eight weeks that 3:00 a.m. is not feeding time. He sleeps like a champ and i'm sure Tait will too!!! Great job:)

Kara & Jacob Maughan said...

I'm glad he's sleeping through the night. That is such a relief as a parent, I totally understand! 6 months of no sleep is a long time :) Hey, let me know how your weight watchers is going (you are doing that...right?) I am starting on Feb. 12th through my work and can't wait to get started...again
:( hahaha! I'm sure you understand :) I was thinking you, me and Melynda should all get together and go to lunch or something. I would love to see you! I was thinking the other day about Mr. Hagen's class in 11th grade...how fun! Not that I'm stuck in the past or anything, just that we had a lot of fun together in that class...push-ups and all :) If you don't remember that I'll explain later...lol!