Monday, February 23, 2009

Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays

This weekend was full of excitement with the celebration of two big birthdays in our family. My mom turned 50 and McKinley is now 2!



Thursday was McKinley's birthday, although we didn't really do much for her on that day since dad had to work and we had lots of other things to do for Grandma Sally's 50th. But I decorated the house with balloons and made some little cupcakes for her. That morning we went to pick my aunt Julie up from the airport, who flew in from Arizona for my moms birthday. We went to lunch at 5 Guys and then headed home for nap time. After the kiddos woke up Bret was home and we ran some errands and then met everyone at Wingers for dinner.



Friday was my moms birthday and Bret had the day off. In the afternoon we headed out to my moms house and set up for her party then went to Cafe Rio for dinner. We had a good time at her party and enjoyed everyone that came. After the party was over my mom wanted to play musical chairs... no one was too thrilled at first but once we all got playing it was a BLAST. McKinley enjoyed it more than anyone I think!
Sunday, we had McKinley's party at Grandma Laura's house. She made her a BEAUTIFUL barbie cake and McKinley loved it! She kept saying "preeyey" (Pretty)



Before the party started Bret and Jayson would blow up the noisy balloons (I don't know the real name) and let them go and fly around the house. McKinley would scream and giggle at these balloons.


The families all got together and we enjoyed watching Kinley blow out the candles on her "earth cake" about 10 times, because she loved doing it so much.



We opened presents and ate cake.. it was a good time for everyone.




I seriously cannot believe that McKinley is already 2. I look back at how fast time flies by and I wish that I could just keep her little. She is so full of energy and happiness. She brightens my everyday and I could not even imagine my life with out her.








Happy Birthday Kinney!! We LOVE you!!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

happy birthday Mckinley! looks like you had a lot of really cute cakes :)