Monday, February 16, 2009

Twinkle Twinkle

Every night when I tuck McKinley into bed I sing to her. I like to switch it up a bit with the songs so that she isn't addicted to just one song. Little did I know that it doesn't matter how much mixing you do, little kids like certain songs and that is what you always end up singing.
McKinley's favorite song right now is twinkle twinkle little star. We sing it together every night and she now even does the actions with it. I wanted Bret to see how cute it was, so the other night I had him come in during singing time. She of course got stage fright in front of daddy and wouldn't do it. Last night, I was in the shower and Bret put the kids to bed. He started to sing Twinkle Twinkle to McKinley and she pointed her finger at him said "no, no, no... MOM".
Here is McKinley today at lunch doing the actions to Twinkle Twinkle, I still cannot believe that she did it.. but I am so glad she did so I could brag about how dang cute she is. Oh and don't mind the shoe that is on the table, they are her dress up princess shoes. She has to wear them EVERY WHERE!!!


1 comment:

paxtonfam said...

Awwww, cute! You know, Twinkle Twinkle is one of only 2 songs Makayla will sit still for while we change her bum :)