Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Lot on my Mind

I don't really know how to start this post, I have so much going through my head. I need to take a few minutes and just right it all down.



First and foremost... I am ecstatic and BYU busted the BCS, considering that BYU was the reason that the BCS was created in the first place (since they won the championship in 84) I am also glad to see so many Mountain West Conference teams in the top 25. And as much as I hate to say it the fact that the UofU number 15 makes me happy as well. Is there really light at the end of the tunnel? Will the BCS actually let the little schools (that have just as much talent) be apart of their big money bowls? I am not quite sure about this but it still makes me very excited for our little Mountain West Conference to be making such a difference in the polls this year! Go Cougars!

Parenting... I don't know if it is just me that has the whinniest children in the world or not, but there are days I absolutely love being a mom and days that I would give them away in a heartbeat. Maybe its just the combination of two very young children together that has done me in.

Tate, who we are changing his name to Taitan, is overall a pretty high maintenance child. I know, I know all children are high maintenance, but Kin was SUCH a different baby!! Tate requires me to be holding him at all times. He still doesn't sleep through the night yet and he cries almost every minute he is awake. I swear I feel like I am always taking him to the dr. asking her what is wrong with my baby. She always tells me lets try this... call me in a week if it isn't working. Well everything we have done never makes him better unless he is swaddled and held. On top of all of this McKinley is in the stage now where mom has to do everything with her, which is fine, but I can't take care of Tate and make McKinley happy at the same time. If its not one, its the other. And for those of you who don't have kids, don't listen to all my complaining about my kids. They really are my greatest joy, but the most challenging job I have ever had. I just need to vent. Anyway after listening to both of my kids whine all day, I am supposed to be happy to see my husband and make him feel like he is the most important thing to me, which he is, but I don't show it. I am just ornery with him, because he is the only person that I talk to all day long so he gets the brunt of all my frustration building up. I think that he is glad that he goes to school every night so he doesn't have to deal with me or the kids. I just feel as if I am being pulled in so many directions, I don't know how to handle things. Which leaves me little or absolutely NO time to myself. Which could drive anyone crazy. I started taking anti-depressants for my post-partum, but I stopped taking them because I gained 20lbs after starting them, 20lbs I didn't have to gain. Which just made me feel even worse about life.



Anyway because of the 20lbs I gained, I joined weight watchers Friday. Cooking is a whole new experience for me, but its good. I figure its a good thing for everyone in the house. I always told Bret that I didn't want to be the fat mom and I am on my way to achieving that goal. I see that my friends have done it and it gives me inspiration to do it too. Christy and I used to share clothes in high school, she has lost weight since then and looks extremely good. Me on the other hand, gained weight and looks like a mom who has let herself go and is in serious need of a makeover. Anyway, since Friday I have already lost 4lbs. Which I am pretty excited about and its given me an inner strength to keep going. For dinner last night I made the best homemade pizza I have ever had, and it was only 4 points a piece. I have to say that this is bringing out quite the homemaker side in me. I am excited to try new things and am just as surprised as Bret when they actually taste good. I think that I am going to start a blog of weekly recipes and pictures of my weight loss. I of course will make it private so if you are interested in it, let me know and I will add you so you can read it.

On a different note, I want to do a get together with all the old madrigals. We can have a little BBQ before it gets too cold out and everyone can bring their spouses and children. There are a few that I don't know where they are, but I need to get addresses so we can do it and find those that are 'missing'. Please just email me and I will get things rolling.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Being a mom is great, isn't it! I also am trying to loose a few pounds. I have been thinking of starting a new blog that just focuses on things I am learning about being healthy and about improving myself. I would love to see your weight loss blog, and maybe it will help inspire me to keep trying to loose weight (though my "real" goal is to become healthy, I figure part of becoming healthy is loosing weight). hope today is a good day for both of us and our kids! let me know if you want to hang out. I am always up for some play dates.

Nicole said...

We all have our down days, but it's nice to hear about yours on your blog so I have someone I can relate to!!! Sometimes I feel like everyone only blogs about the great things in life, and it makes my life seem so much less-than-perfect. Anyway, I am so glad you are loving weight watchers. I have heard excellent things about their program from a couple friends of mine that are doing it. I would love to be updated on your success, are you making your blog private then? If so, here is my email address so you can add me...nicolelawrence44@gmail.com

Chelsea said...

I don't have your email, but would LOVE to get together!! I can tell the few mads I still talk to about it. I think Rachael talks to some of them on Facebook. Do you have one of those? Well, email me at cheesil@aol.com when you get a chance and we can all figure something out!
And you are definitely not alone in the down in the dumps mom thing!! I swear it just comes with the territory. That's why we all need each other so we can remember the purpose to all this craziness!!!!! :)

Heather O said...

Hey so I would love a recipe of that awesome homemade pizza! Also I would love to see you whether it is a BYU game or madrigal deal (that one is more difficult in convincing Graham). Anyway hope to see you soon!!

Christy said...

I would love to get together! I may live 4 hours away from you guys, but if you get together on a Friday or Saturday night, I could definitely come down.

And about the weight thing, keep in mind I haven't had two kids. And the fact that you've lost 4 lbs in a short amount of time...that's great! I've never lost that much weight that fast!

I'm sure you are a great mom, and I'm glad you vented. I look up to you for that. No one ever posts the crappy things that happen in their life on blogs, and it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who struggles with certain aspects of life, and that everything is not perfect. It's refreshing!