Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

So this past weekend Bret and I went down to Vegas for the Las Vegas bowl. It was a lot of fun for us to get away. We were supposed to leave Saturday morning, but Bret's boss was nice enough to let him leave on Friday. So we packed up in a hurry and dropped Kinley off at grandma Laura's and we were off. We stayed at the Luxor the first night and then BYU headquarters, Planet Hollywood the next night. I LOVED Planet Hollywood and after staying there I would totally pay full price to stay there again.
I forgot the camera at the game and all of our trips out on the strip so the picture that I am posting came from my phone. The only thing that I got pictures with on our camera was the new City Center... man that thing is CRAZY big!
Instead of writing details of each thing we did I will just do a quick list...
  • went to the M&M facotry
  • ate at the bar at PF Changs.. I don't know who was more fascinated.. us watching the bartender or the bartender with us not drinking.
  • Belagio water show... AMAZING as usual
  • Tailgating
  • Las Vegas Bowl - which sadly BYU lost... UofA showed up to play... BYU ?????
  • walked the strip
  • froze our hinneys off
  • stayed up until like 3:30 each morning
  • waited for an elevator for 20 minutes (planet Hollywood seriously needs to figure something else out)
  • saw and talked to coach Anae
Overall it was a lot of fun and I am really glad we went even though BYU lost. I was pretty excited to be at the game since it seems like forever since I have watched them play. Sadly we have another 8 months before we get to watch them play again but until then I have added a countdown... even though their schedule is still up in the air I am pretty sure their first game will be on the 29th of August.

2 comments:

Heather O said...

Awesome!! Glad you enjoyed the rest of the trip even though the game wasn't enjoyable. Cute picture as well. And I love the countdown, that is great!

Jessica said...

Alicen, you are too kind! It just made me bawl to read your post. That quote is so powerful, it make me emotional to think of how it hit home when I first read it, and I'm glad it could help you out. Hope you guys had a great trip and wonderful holiday!