Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Time is Here and Gone

I guess that since it is almost the new year I should take a few minutes and let everyone know how wonderful our Christmas was.
Christmas Eve was spent with my family during the day because Spencer had to work on Christmas. We enjoyed a great meal cooked by my mom (who doesn't love Grandma Sally's cookin?) and watched and exchanged gifts with Spence. We then went to the annual Duehlmeier Christmas party at Doug and Susan's. I am very thankful to them and the hospitality they show by hosting this event every year. The 3 wise guys came and delivered gifts to all the children and Derek made cute shirts of Oma for everyone in the family.




Christmas day was very low key and we weren't rushed into going or leaving. We started the morning off with Santa gifts and stockings at home. McKinley was a lot of fun this year and she enjoyed opening gifts. She didn't really care too much about what was inside, but she loved unwrapping. Next year she will begin to understand Christmas and Santa a little bit more and will still be a joy to have around the house at Christmas. Tait loved the wrapping paper as well along with his truck. After opening gifts at home we were off to my parents and then to my grandmas and then to Brets parents house.



The Kettenrings do Christmas, not on Christmas. We went on Saturday and slept over and opened gifts. Kinney was terribly sick and I sure wish that she wouldn't have been. She is too much fun when she is well and we missed out on her spunky personality while at Grandpa and Grandma Kettenrings. (we later found out she had strep... 5 fevery days later) We ended up with much more loot then I ever could have imagined. The grandkids all got Curious George jammies, fruit snacks, books and monkeys. And last but not least a WAGON!!



Bret has been home everyday since Christmas Eve without needing to go to school or work. It sure has been nice to have an extra set of hands to help out around the house (especially with Kinney being sick) and to be able to stay up late (I don't think we have gone to bed any earlier than 2am) watch movies, laugh and play with the kids. Monday at our home will be sad when dad has to go back to work.


We hope that everyone enjoyed their Christmas' as much as we enjoyed ours!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm so glad you and your family had a wonderful Christmas, you guys deserve it!!! I have to tell you that I just barely read your story about the moles. I was dying when I was reading it!!! Alicen, i'm so sorry, that's a rough situation to be in. However, I think it happened for a reason. I think you all learned a big lesson from it, and eventually, it will make your relationship closer. You will laugh so hard about it in a few years, but until then, keep your head up. If it's one thing I know about you...you are a strong girl. Happy New Year Al!!!