Thursday, October 18, 2007

Celebrate the Good Times!


Bret and I at Sea World October '05


It is hard for me to believe that it was two years ago already that Bret and I went to California with his family just before we got married. This trip was not something that his family wanted me to go on, because I wasn't a part of the family yet. I remember being so hurt by them not wanting me to go, and now 2 years later, I look back and think how lucky I was to be able (made them take me) to share that experience with them.
It is amazing what two years time does to people. Robyn and I are actually friends again, I enjoy spending time with her and I can always count on her to make me laugh. I am glad that she is able to stay home with Ethan so that on the days we cant handle being in our houses for any longer, we have each other to count on. And i am glad that Robyn had a baby so McKinley will have someone her age in the family to play with.
Bret's mom and I, as many of you know, have not always seen eye to eye. But in the same like, I don't always see eye to eye with my own mom. Two years after the fact I think she is finally coming to terms with the fact that despite her valiant efforts to keep me away from Bret and vis versa, I am a member of her family. (she's not quite ready yet to call me her daughter, but we are getting there) I know that she cares for us and she loves Bret more than anything in this world. She wants to make sure that he is taken care of.
Only a mother can understand the love between a mother and her child. And although it isn't always done the way she likes or wants it to be, she sees that he is happy and so am I. Honestly, I can say that I love her.
In one month from today Bret and I will have been married for 2 years! Even though we will have no money to do anything to celebrate, I am more excited to be able to say that I am the happiest, luckiest girl in the world. I am excited to be able to say that I am cheerfully married and I still love my husband just as much, if not more than I did when we were married. And that to me is one heck of a celebration!



No comments: