Saturday, October 13, 2007

Short Saturday

Well, I dont have much time to write, but I do want to at least write something. This weekend I cannot believe has just flown by! Yesterday McKinley went to show and tell for Anna. My mom offered to take her for the rest of the day so the Bret and I could go out. So I took her up on the offer and came home in the afternoon and finally cleaned, not picked up, my house for the first time since I have had McKinley. It really did take me almost all afternoon and I was just finishing getting ready when Bret got home from work.
Bret and I went to Chili's for dinner and then went to see 'The Game Plan'. It was nice to be able to spend some one on one time with Bret. Since he has started school the time that we have together is so limited and I was very grateful to be able to spend some time with him.
If you have not yet seen 'The Game Plan' I would recommend it. I think that in about 5 or 6 years I will have a better understanding for the movie. But for the time being, it kept my attention.
Today all Bret has studied he has a big anatomy test on Monday (he has to know ALL the bones and muscles for ONE test) and I have prepared my lesson that I am teaching in RS tomorrow. The lesson I am teaching is on Strengthening Families. It is a good lesson for me to be teaching right now because I am just starting my family. And I hope that I will be able to do everything that I need to so that I will have a family that is strong in the gospel. I know that because of the gospel, we as families can be together forever. I also know that this does not come easily and that the Lord requires us to work in order to get such a great blessing. Although as my mother in law says 'some days it is a blessing and other days it is a curse'. SO TRUE! But really what a wonderful blessing!

No comments: