Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Terrific Tuesday

Today is off to a much better start then yesterday. This morning walking felt very refreshing and for once actually felt like I had exercised. One of my bosses called me this morning, very early I might add, to tell me he and his wife and been through a whole bunch a baby stuff and he brought it to work with him so if I wanted any, I could go through it and take what I wanted. Up until this point his wife would go through their girls' clothes and he would bring BIG, HUGE, bags full of clothes, shoes, toys, pretty much anything and everything that you can think of. So I was surprised that he had said that I could go through the bags and take what I wanted. I waited for McKinley to wake up, we ate, got ready and went to go rumedge through what he had brought. When I got there to my amazement, he had high chairs, booster seats, strollers, clothes, shoes, toys. EVERYTHING! Another girl and my work is pregnant so I had her come out and together we went through everything and I let her take everything that I already had. (he had told me I had first dibs) I picked up a few things, some shoes, and some toys, a booster seat and some clothes. As I was going through everything I couldn't help but feel so very blessed for everyone that has helped Bret and me with McKinley.
Its funny how everything has just seemed to work out. McKinley was NOT planned and we were very worried about being able to afford to have me stay home, and have Bret go to school full time and work full time. Day care is way too much money and it really wasnt worth the extra $150 a month for me to work full time and have someone else take care of her. I was lucky enough to have quit my other job just a few months before we found out we were pregnant and find the job that I have now. I have 2 bosses who understand the importance and my want to stay home with my children. They also understand how hard it is to pay for school and have kids, so they have allowed me to work from home, so that I am able to earn a few extra dollars and be home with my baby. Not only have they done this for me, but one of them has given us almost 90% of the clothes McKinley has. Not to mention they toys, books, and everything else she has. I am overwhelmed with gratefulness for them and our families who have helped us out.

The day Spence and I went through the temple. Almost 2 years ago

Although I do not want to leave this entry on a sad note, I do have to mention that I was VERY disappointed when we had not received a email from Spence. I am so proud of him and his decision to go on a mission. I look forward to his letters we get weekly and I was sad not to get one yesterday. Maybe today!?! :)

No comments: