Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Is it Friday YET?

I am sitting here in the office, trying to get McKinley to actually go to sleep so I can have time to get the house picked up. But for those of you with kids you know that somedays getting your kids to actually take nap is more work then having them awake. So I am sitting here trying to focus my attention to what I am going to write rather than McKinley crying in the background.

Yesterday I was grateful for my job and today I hate it. I love being able to work from home, but sometimes I really do not like being 'on-call' all day long. I don't like not being able to talk to my bosses at my need; being able to walk into their office, shut the door and be able to talk to them with their undivided attention. Now I call and then they call me, they don't see the expression on my face and I don't see the expression on theirs. If I dont understand something or I have questions I have to get everything and the kitchen sink all packed up to go in. But I am very glad that I am able to be home and be able to even take McKinley with me if I need to.

We still haven't heard from Spence, he must just really be busy this week. He is Zone Leader so who knows where he is and if he got called out to fix a companion problem, or if is is just so busy that he didn't even have time to think about home. Which is always better then thinking too much about home. He only has 3 months left, so I guess its better that he is working and not sitting on his bags!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Derrick always tells me that the last 3 or 4 months of his mission he didn't write home at all because he really just wanted to focus on being a missionary and committing 100% of his time to the members in his area. I asked him why, and he said, "Because I was going to see my family soon and I was going to be leaving the people I was serving very soon." Makes sense. Maybe Spence is doing the same? Who knows...

Christy said...

P.S. We need to get more of our friends to start blogs so that I'm not the only one who posts comments! :)