Monday, October 8, 2007

Monday, Monday, Monday

Well, Bret's back to school :( so this morning was an early one for the both of us. I started a walking group with some ladies in my neighborhood and we walk every weekday morning. I do it early enough that Bret will still be home with McKinley so I can take a break from being a mom and start my day off on the right foot. Although Monday mornings seem to be the hardest to get my butt out of bed. This morning I accidentally slept in through one more snooze... and one of the ladies that I walk with gave me quite a lecture about being on-time (I was like 3 ok, maybe 5mintues late) I was not the happiest person about the lecture. I was the one who started the group and if she didn't like what time it was in the morning and she was already rushing to get ready in the morning because she came walking with us, then maybe she should find a better time for her to find time to exercise. I know that might sound a little harsh, but she seriously lectured me like I was her daughter and I came home 2 hours past my curfew. I just needed to vent for a minute.
Anyway, so today Mckinley slept and slept and slept. I wonder if she is going through a growth spurt. She seems to be more clingy to me lately too. Which is understandable, she is with me 24/7 and I am the one who feeds her, changes her, bathes her, etc. Other people on the other hand, do not like the fact that my baby is a momma's girl.

Mckinely and me
Before McKinley I never really understood why babies liked their mom's so much. But now I have a better understanding for why. Its not only the babies that like their moms, but the mom's like their babies. Bret and I rarely go on a date without her, so she hardly ever has a baby sitter and when she does it is always family. When I am away from her for longer than 2hours I feel like I am neglecting her and then when I get home all I want to do is hold her and play with her. And she in return, I hope, has the same desire.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I can't believe you got a lecture! It's kinda funny, but I'm sure completely out of line and irritating! Tell her to go find somewhere else to walk! Sheesh!