Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Stove

Well, I did it again. This time Bret told me that I need to be a little more careful when cooking. I don't know if any of you have the same problem, but if you do will you please let my husband know so he doesn't think he married the dumbest person alive (I hope he really doesn't think that already!)
O.k. so here is the story...
Yesterday I was making lunch, McKinley was getting ready to go down for a nap (yeah, yeah, excuses.. excuses) so I was feeding her and I got out a pan, put the pan on the burner, and put everything in there I needed, then turned the burner on. Well, after putting McKinley down, I went back to the stove and the water wasnt boiling yet. I thought it was kinda odd seeming the burner was on high and I was at least gone for 10+ minutes. I looked down to see if the burner was on and noticed that something was extremely red. I then lifted the pan off the of burner and realized that I had left the burner cover on! It was smoking, purple and black with a red shiny middle. I grabbed the closest hot pad and lifted it up when the hot pad started on fire. I started blowing on the hot pad while still holding onto the burner cover and ran to the sink and turned the water on not remembering that if you turn the water on something that is really hot it will boil and bounce everywhere! I am just glad that I am here to tell the story and that I still have a house!
Maybe for Christmas this year I will get new stainless steal burner covers! That was the only one that I still had yet to burn!

3 comments:

Christy said...

This is why I just don't have burner covers because I would be the type of person to do this.

Christy said...

P.S. Go to this website to find out all about the run. I'm so glad you're gonna do this with me!!

Heather O said...

That is great! And no, I don't think you are the only one who has ever done that. I haven't yet, yet is the key word there. My sister's stove recently blew up, if that makes you feel better. ;)